The Optimal Solution: Tooth Implant Capped With a Porcelain Crown
A quality dental implant with a porcelain crown can restore full tooth function and dental aesthetics. Single tooth implant patients usually enjoy:
- Excellent, quick results with minimal pain
- A permanent, durable solution
- Support for the adjacent teeth and jawbone
Alternatives to a single implant include dental bridges and removable partial dentures. However, although these solutions are easy and quick, they cannot offer the optimal function, durability, and long-term jawbone support of a dental implant procedure.
Implants: What to Expect
Here is what typically happens during a dental implant surgery procedure:
- Preparing for the procedure: The dentist will talk to the patient and discuss treatment options. In most cases, X-rays will determine the future implant’s optimal position.
- Implant placement and installation. We will install the implant, capped with a healing cap for a quick but functional solution. The substitute will remain in place until the dental implant fully integrates with the bone graft.
- Permanent crown. Once the area is fully healed (after several months), the dentist will install a permanent porcelain/ceramic implant crown that looks and functions like a natural tooth.
Remarkably, a single dental implant can serve as a lifelong solution with no additional treatment with optimal oral hygiene and regular check-ups with our dental professionals.
Recovery after Single Implant Procedure
Pain, swelling, bruising, and minor bleeding are normal after a dental implant installation. Our dentist may recommend over-the-counter medications to ease the discomfort, and it is best to stick to cool, soft foods during this recovery.
You should be able to perform most normal daily functions a day or two after the procedure.
Be sure to contact your dentist in cases of severe pain or continuous bleeding.
Superior Cosmetic & Family Dentistry: Implant Dentistry in Bowie, MD
Are you considering dental implants? Schedule a consultation at Superior Cosmetic & Family Dentistry today. We’re a family-owned dental clinic catering to patients of all ages in Bowie, MD.
Our dentists provide professional, compassionate, and stress-free dental care to all our patients. We strive for optimal results and minimal discomfort.
Call (301) 464-2324
today to meet our team or schedule your next appointment.